Wednesday, January 4, 2012

12 Books for 2012

I shared with you here that I wanted to try to encourage myself 12x harder this year. It's funny because I hate to say it, but once I started having kids, my reading consisted more of thumbing through a few Parenting magazines during well/sick-check visits...and yep, that's about it. So, in keeping with my good intentions, here's the list that I've created from a few folks who inspire me to try a little harder everyday.
You'll notice that an ebook and audio book are on my list. Never done tried either of those either...evidently Amazon gives away, yes, gives away some kindle reader versions of books from time to time...so at this very moment Go-Getter by is one of them! I don't even have a Kindle, but they actually allow you to download a free e-reader for your phone or PC! Who knew?! I love FREE!! Just sharing, for those of you caught back in the stone ages with me.
Did any of these books make it to your reading list?
1. The Art of Non-Conformity
2. 48 days to the work you love

3. Go getter (free kindle ebook)
4. Goals by Brian Tracy

5. The Me Project, Kathi Lipp

6. Crazy Love


7. Entreleadership, D. Ramsey

8. A Confident Heart, Renee Swope

Yeah, I know, I stopped at 8. I have a feeling that as my year continues that I'll decide on the final four...based either off of these great reads above or other recommendations from you, so yes, that was a purposeful decision. I'll keep you posted, though as the year goes on.


Optional reads for finalization in the near and distant future:
Uncertainty: Turning Fear and Doubt into Fuel and Brilliance
Love & Respect by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs
The 4-hour Work Week Tomity Ferriss
One Simple Idea: Stephen Key
Linchpin
Quitter
Guerilla Marketting
10 Habits of Happy Mothers
A new Kind of Normal, Carol Kent
Between a Rock and a Grace Place, Carol Kent
When I Lay my Isaac Down, Carol Kent
The Help (audio book)


Happy Reading! Oh, and how are those goals of yours coming?

No comments: