Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Wednesdays Word: God sees...


While watching a show on TBN last night I was fortunate to overhear a few insightful words from Angela Thomas. Never heard of her before last night, but what she had to share made me want to share with you.
While she took the time to share a few eye-opening encounters with God, I found myself wanting to receive an even greater level of insight from her on God's power to change situations through people.
She eluded to a scriptural reference in Genesis 16 where Hagar, the handmaid of Sarai and Abram ,said:
"You are the God who sees me." She also said, "Have I truly seen the One who sees me?"

I'm thankful to have been reminded last night that God sees all things. He knows everything that I've been through, and what is frustrating me at this very moment. He is very well aware and capable of addressing every need in my life...and even gracing me with promises that He's kept.
At this very moment, I don't know what the plan is...but I do still believe in a God that can turn things around in a heartbeat, satisfy every need, and lighten the load that may be before me.
I so realize how hard things can be...especially when I feel like I am trying my darndest to make things happen...so maybe my version of making is like Sarai's in the bible. Maybe what I think I see isn't in His timing. I guess I should trust in knowing that He still sees and will bring His promises forth in His own timing.
I just thought it fitting to remind you of the same.
If you'd like to see a little more of what Ms. Angela is up to, visit her website or peruse a couple of her greatest selling works:
Do You Know Who I Am? and other brave questions women ask
My Single Mom Life: Stories and Practical Lessons for Your Journey
Do You Think I'm Beautiful?
In the meantime, let's just continue resting on his promise...deal?

No comments: