Thursday, June 16, 2011

Thankful Thursdays: To-ma-to, To-mah-to! Testimony Part 1

One might think, what on Earth could a tomato have to do with Heaven Sown Event Planning? Allow me enlighten you.

So when Spring came in subtly this year, I found myself doing the usual...looking for my tulip bulbs to start sprouting and discovering what made it through our NC winter. I remember thinking that I'd discovered a new weed in our flower bed, but wasn't quite sure, so I decided to let it cohabitate a while longer. Fast forward a couple months to June...when I'd grown pretty certain that my potential "sprout" was a definite 18-inch tall weed with annoying yellow buds all over. I reached down to snatch it up from its "ruuuuts"...as my home town family would've called the culprit, only to find...


"What's that?", might you ask?
A TOMATO!!!
Let me back up by saying, it's a tomato that we never planted!
"Huh", I said to myself....reflecting over a conversation that I'd had with my mom just a few days ago, which resulted in my saying, maybe we should start a garden next year...and whatdaya know, unbeknownst to us, we already had!

Call me deep, but lately, some of the simplest concepts have fostered the deepest revelations for me...I'll take them. I'd rather be deep than shallow. Anyway, stay with me...

So we never planted a tomato (and none of our immediate neighbors either), but the conditions must have been ok to produce a plant from a tiny seed, bearing fruit, right?

The one (profound, to me, at least) revelation I had from this is this: Favor is sooo amazing that sometimes, you won't sow a thing physically, but the conditions around you can be soooo ideal, that random seeds produce just because they found their way to your fertile ground. Correction: OUR fertile ground. :)

So, today, that's what I'm thankful for: the revelation that if we can just keep our ground fertile, prosperous seeds that we might not even think to plant, will pop up to be blessings...they might not even look that promising initially, but OH when they start producing, we'd better be ready to receive them! The other thing is that I honestly don't think the plant would've ever survived if we hadn't planted other flowers around it in the bed, where it would receive fertilizer and watering like its neighboring buds. SO, the other parallel is that our terrific tomato plant was nurtured because it was amongst other seeds that we'd already planted! So, in essence, our job is to keep sowing and keep the ground just right, so that amongst the seeds you plant, others can flourish even more!

So yes, tomatoes have a whole lot to do with Heaven SOWN Event Planning...and I can't wait to share with you all of the abundance that's getting ready to come! Stay tuned...we'll revisit this in Thankful Thursdays: To-ma-to, To-mah-to Testimony Part 2.

Go ahead, you can mooch that testimony too, but remember, don't forget to sow a seed in someone's life today...you never know WHAT it may yield!

No comments: