Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Whipping butts outta first gear...(Day 3)



So, I committed to getting in the bed at 1030 in an effort to have a "great" start to Day 3 of Whipping butts outta first gear...

What had happened was....

I didn't call it quits until 1130, but here's what I got done:
  • breakfast for dinner (so yes, we finished off those last 8 eggs and then some)
  • completed 60 birthday party invitations for a client
  • clothes out for me and the boys
  • and ironed for me and the boys
  • items prepped for next day (purse/ backpacks, etc.)
  • overall pick up of living space
  • dishes washed and filed away
  • pulled out most of the clothes I'm wearing for our weekend getaway
  • finished monogramming a gift for an old friend

...not that this validates me going against my new limits...but I do feel good about getting my top fives done + more. 

I can tell a noticeable difference though in getting 7 hours of sleep...Crystal was kind enough to offer a few tips here on getting up and at 'em, so now, if I can only stick to my guns.

Here are her tips in a nutshell:

1) Go to Bed on Time and to do so, remind yourself of how great you’re going to feel in the morning when you get up. And then go to bed.


2) Make Sure You’re Getting Enough Sleep


3) Do NOT Allow Yourself to Use the Snooze Button, and if you need more sleep, set your alarm to go off 15 or 30 minutes later rather than using the snooze button.


4) Make Sure You Have Something to Wake Up For
since it’s much easier to wake up excited about the day if you have something you love waiting for you when you get up. Whether you pack some extra morning time to meditate, journal, plan out your day, or thumb through a magazine, make sure its something you want to do.


5) Get An Accountability Partner..nuff said


6) Get Up and Do Something (like a brisk walk, shower, or 25 jumping jacks) to help you forget how much you wanted to stay in bed.


Whatever you do, when your alarm clock goes off in the morning, GET OUT OF BED. It’s the first and most important step to making the most of your mornings.

Tonight's homework:
1. Make sure I've got my top 5 evening to-do's
2. Determine what time you’re going to commit to wake up every morning for the next three weeks. Consider what your pitfalls to consistent waking up are and think about possible ways that you can help yourself be more successful. Leave a comment telling us what time you are committing to get up every morning and also how you’re going to set yourself up for success in this area.

I'm committing to waking up at 630am. I believe this will have to shift to 600 in two weeks once school starts, but I'll worry about that when it gets here.  The way I see it, I'm doing good just to get up at 630.  I think my biggest pitfall in making sure I don't get off to a good start in the morning is going to be getting to bed on time...and since business activities are what I foresee being the biggest culprit in that effort, I don't yet have a solution....

stay tuned...

Looks like over 300 folks have signed up for the chall-onge...have you?

Aw, come on.....

No comments: