Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Shreveport Bucket List...


William Ross once said
Every man dies. Not every man lives.
and anyone who has crossed our path knows that we're all about living! It's March already and I don't think we ever officially had a resolution this for 2011...sooo, I think we'll go general and it'll be... to cross some items off our "Bucket List":
the list of things we want to accomplish before we kick the bucket
When I turned 30, I created my "Dream Big!" List of must-do items and I'm happy to say that some of my "to-do's" have become "done dids":
  1. #9 and #22: Stay in a 5-star resort and enjoy my 30th birthday like no other birthday before it (Had the time of my life on my Honeymoon with my husband at Secrets Capri in Riviera Maya, MX....but we lost our honeymoon photos...so we've committed to going back again soon and doing everything we did the first time with footage to show for it!)
  2. #21: Go to Jamaica: Enjoyed a retreat with sorority sisters in Ochos Rios, Jamaica...Arie!
  3. #8: Sing the National Anthem at a sporting event: Proudly sang the anthem at a Baseball Game in Albany Georgia...and did NOT forget the words...although I forgot to face the flag.
and today, I think I'm gonna add one more on the to-do side: #34: to have the family photographed by Three Nails Photography in my hometown of Shreveport, Louisiana This guy's work is a true representative of God's gifting made manifest. I absolutely LOVE his eye and how he manages to capture true to life images on film! So for you guys remotely close to the 'port city', you might just wanna book some time with him now while you still can!!! His work is INCREDible and he unknowingly reminds us to shoot for the stars! His gift is definitely making room for him which reminds me of this great poem I heard recently:
It Couldn't Be Done by Edgar Guest
Somebody said that it couldn't be done,
But, he with a chuckle replied
That "maybe it couldn't" but he would be one
Who wouldn't say so till he'd tried.


So he buckled right in with the trace of a grin
On his face. If he worried he hid it.
He started to sing as he tackled the thing
That couldn't be done, as he did it.


Somebody scoffed: "Oh, you'll never do that;
At least no one we know has done it";
But he took off his coat and he took off his hat,
And the first thing we knew he'd begun it.


With a lift of his chin and a bit of a grin,
Without any doubting or quiddit,
He started to sing as he tackled the thing
That couldn't be done, and he did it.


There are thousands to tell you it cannot be done,
There are thousands to prophesy failure;
There are thousands to point out to you, one by one,
The dangers that wait to assail you.


But just buckle right in with a bit of a grin,
Just take off your coat and go to it;
Just start to sing as you tackle the thing
That cannot be done, and you'll do it

No comments: